Ready for a fresh take on Holiday vegetables? Here’s a recent favorite. I’ve been cooking this all fall and look forward to a new addition to the Thanksgiving table this week. If you like brussel sprouts and bacon, this is a great recipe to try. The recipe is from “A Fresh Take On Thanksgiving“, my latest HBHW cookbook.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Clean and trim your Brussels sprouts. Cut larger sprouts in half if needed. In a large bowl, toss the sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread them out on a large baking sheet.
- Dice the uncooked bacon and sprinkle it over your sprouts.
- Bake the sprouts for 30 minutes or until they are tender and start to brown just a bit around the edges.
Ready for something a little different, a little fresher and a little lighter for Thanksgiving this year? You’ll find recipes including:
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- A Lighter Take On Stuffing
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Green Bean Casserole with Fresh Fried Onions
- Creamy Cole Slaw
- Turkey Gravy
- Mushroom Gravy (gluten free and vegan)
- Sage and Butternut Squash Soup
- Thanksgiving Quiche – perfect for leftovers
Get your copy today at: