One of the best things about fall is all the yummy pumpkin spice recipes. I shared my favorite pumpkin spice mix with you a few days ago and today would like to share a recipe that uses it.
This makes a fantastic loaf of pumpkin bread. I love the added flavor and texture from the nuts. You can use whatever nuts you like in the recipe. I love it with both walnuts and slivered almonds. Yum.
This bread makes for a yummy breakfast treat. Perfect for a weekend morning before you head down to the pumpkin patch or go apple picking.
It’s also a great gift to send to your child’s teacher or take as a hostess gift. Perfect for fall bake sales too of course.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps pumpkin spice mix
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts – your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, milk, and eggs.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then add softened butter and combine well. Add nuts and stir.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out dry.