Homemade Italian Dressing
Have you tried making your own italian dressing? It’s much easier than you may think. Make up a batch of this and store it in a glass jar in the fridge. It’s great on salads, but also a wonderful marinade for chicken. You can make this dressing more or less flavorful by adjusting the amount of garlic and herbs.
- 1 1/3 cups olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. whole peppercorns
- pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- This is one of those recipes where you dump all of the ingredients in at one time. So simple! You can mix with a blender or a food processor. Just put everything in and pulse or process until smooth.
If you don’t have a blender, chop the garlic and herbs, pour everything into a glass jar, close it well and give it a good shake.
I store my dressing in a jar and give it a good shake before serving.
Make even more convenience foods right at home! You’ll save money, control ingredients, and avoid expensive “fast foods” when you start making your own favorite convenience foods. Click on here to find out about our informative resource Homemade Convenience Foods – and dig into over 200 recipes for handy convenience foods you can make at home.
Eliminate those prepackaged foods from your pantry, eat healthier and cheaper while still cooking fast. Order your copy today!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.