Crock-Pot Sausage Spanish Rice
- 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 2, 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 can chopped green chiles (optional)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- (or 1 tsp cumin,
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp/4 cloves minced garlic)
(Sometimes I add a can of beans, use beans instead of meat, double the meat, or make it quicker by using cans of tomatoes with onions and peppers already in them. This recipe will take lots of substitutions. When making for those who are not vegetable lovers, you can put the veggies in the blender first, they will never know what’s in it.)
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3, until rice is tender. Makes 9 servings
Submitted by HBHW reader Megan
Ready to learn more about crockpot cooking? Get my Crockpot Cooking Made Simple ebook today and find out how you can work this into your meal plan, how to choose a good crockpot and most importantly how to convert your favorite recipes to work in a slow cooker.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.