- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Fresh orange slices and cinnamon sticks, optional
Combine the first 5 ingredients in your crockpot. Place cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add the bag to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Before serving, discarding spice bag and stir your cider. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired. This recipe makes about 8 servings.
Submitted by HBHW reader Susan S.
Ready to learn more about crockpot cooking? Get my Crockpot Cooking Made Simple ebook today and find out how you can work this into your meal plan, how to choose a good crockpot and most importantly how to convert your favorite recipes to work in a slow cooker.