Crockpot Calico Beans
- 2 cups pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. ground beef (I use 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups Northern beans, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups red kidney beans, cooked and drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 qt. pork & beans or homemade baked beans
- 2 t. salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
Brown beef and onions, drain. Reserve small amount of cooking liquid. Combine garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, salt and vinegar. Pour all into slow cooker and mix. Add enough cooking liquid to barely cover beans. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
Submitted by HBHW reader Susan S.
Ready to learn more about crockpot cooking? Get my Crockpot Cooking Made Simple ebook today and find out how you can work this into your meal plan, how to choose a good crockpot and most importantly how to convert your favorite recipes to work in a slow cooker.