Keeping this pre-mix on hand will always ensure that you can whip up a delicious batch of biscuits in no time flat!
- 8 cups flour; (can be a mix of wheat and white)
- 1- 1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -1/3 cup shortening
Mix all dry ingredients well; then add the shortening, cutting it in until the mix looks like bread crumbs.
Place all in an airtight container and keep in a cool place, or the freezer.
Will keep well for at least 6 months.
Makes 13 1/2 cups
I use 2 cups to make a batch of biscuits.