Vegetable Lo Mein
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced scallion
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 peeled carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 stalks celery, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pound cooked thin spaghetti noodles
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 Tbsp of broth. Add garlic, scallions, and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add carrots, celery, and mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and 1/2 cup of broth, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of broth with sherry, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add cornstarch and mix well.
4. Remove cover, and add cornstarch mixture. Cook for 1 minute more, until mixture thickens. Toss in cooked noodles and mix well. Serve.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.