Turkey Vegetable Soup
Makes 10 servings
- 8 cups turkey broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots cubed
- 3 tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 cup white rice or barley
- 6 cups assorted fresh vegetables
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried leaves, crushed, or ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage dried leaves, crushed, or ground sage
- Salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 1/2 cups turkeys diced cooked
Place broth in large Dutch oven or kettle. Add carrots, tomatoes, onion, celery, and rice or barley. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Add fresh vegetables and seasoning; bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey last 20 minutes of cooking time. Taste for additional seasoning.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.