Turkey Chili with Beans
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies diced
- 2 16-ounce cans kidney beans
- 1 cup turkeys diced cooked
- 1 16-ounce can tomatoes whole, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried, crushed
- 1 cup turkey broth or chicken broth
In Dutch oven or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; add onion and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes, stirring. Add green pepper and green chilies, stir, and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in beans, turkey, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, oregano, and broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, adding more liquid as necessary. Stir occasionally. Adjust seasoning. Serve in soup bowls or mugs.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.