Turkey and Swiss Calzone
Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups flour divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkeys (or use boiled or canned chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 egg beaten
1. (You can skip this step and use thawed frozen bread dough if you prefer) In a mixing bowl, combine 3 c. flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the water and oil to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic. (about 4 minutes) Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the turkey, cheese and mustard.
3. Divide dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 7″ circle. Place filling on half of each circle. Fold dough over filling; pinch seams to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.