Smothered Chopped Beef Steak
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 5 8 ounce chopped beef steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 larges shallots minced
- 1 8-ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook steaks until of desired doneness, turning once. Remove steaks from skillet; cover to keep warm.
2. Add butter and shallots to skillet; cook and stir until shallots are tender. Add mushrooms and wine; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over steaks.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.