Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Butter or margarine
1. In a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion and green pepper in butter or margarine for 4 minutes or until onion is transparent.
2. Add turkey and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up meat as it cooks.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir tomato sauce, poultry seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon juice, pepper and garlic powder.
4. When turkey is cooked, stir sauce into skillet; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Split buns. Spread lightly with butter or margarine and toast 6 inches from heat source.
6. Spoon turkey mixture over bottom half of buns. Place top half over meat mixture.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.