Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers or celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 sandwich buns , split
1. In large skillet, combine ground beef, bell pepper and onion; cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain well.
2. Add all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.