TVP And Veggie Pasta Skillet
- 2/3 cup TVP
- 1 cube vegetable or beef bullion
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
Combine above and soak at least 1/2 hour.
@ cups diced veggies (onions, red or green pepper, summer squash, mushrooms, eggplant use your imagination.)
- 1 -2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1 24 – 26 oz pasta sauce
- 12 oz (1 can ) tomato or vegetable cocktail juice.
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta (penne, rotini, shells)
- 1/4 cup water (rinse the sauce container and add to pan)
- 1 tsp dried basil or Italian seasoning.
Using a saute pan or electric skillet, over medium heat saute the diced vegetables. Add sauce, juice, seasoning and pasta. Drain and add TVP.
Reduce to low, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. If sauce thickens too quickly rinse the sauce container with 1/4 cup of water and add to the pan.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.