Sweet Potato Crisp
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 40 ounces canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 2/3 cup chopped cranberries or can use craisins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted if preferred
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole or 10″ x 6″ baking dish. Top with apples and cranberries.
Stir together flour, oats and 1/2 cup brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until throughly heated. Can be frozen.
Makes 8 servings
AJ’s recipe from the Marietta Times. I love it!!It’s more like a dessert than vegetable.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.