Stuffed Green Peppers
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook rice in water as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Cut tops from bell peppers; remove membrane and seeds. In large saucepan, bring enough water to cover peppers to a boil. Add peppers; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain; set peppers aside.
3. In large skillet, combine ground beef, celery and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
4. Add cooked rice, salt, pepper, ketchup and tomato; mix well. Spoon mixture into peppers. Place peppers in ungreased shallow baking pan.
5. In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, sugar and basil; mix well. Spoon half of sauce over peppers.
6. Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until peppers are tender, spooning remaining sauce over peppers and sprinkling with cheese during last 5 minutes of baking.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.