Makes 3 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen spinach in a pouch, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1. In large bowl, combine flour and all ingredients except spaghetti sauce. Mix until mixture forms a smooth dough. Divide dough into quarters. Form each quarter into log 3/4 inch thick and 12 inches long. Cut each log into 1-inch pieces. If necessary, roll pieces lightly in additional flour to keep from sticking.
2. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish. In large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; drop dough pieces, a few at a time, into simmering water. Cook 4 minutes. Remove gnocchi with slotted spoon; place in greased baking dish. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
3. Bake at 325°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Meanwhile, heat spaghetti sauce. Serve sauce over gnocchi.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.