Homemade Fried Rice
This is one of my favorite “go-to” recipes when I don’t know what to make for dinner. Everyone likes it and it’s very fast to make. I also almost always have everything in the kitchen to make it. My favorite way to cook it is with bulk breakfast sausage. But you can make it with any little bits and pieces of leftover meat for extra flavor. It’s great with chicken, chopped up pork chops or even a bit of ground beef. If you get a chance, try it with sausage though. The flavor is amazing and it doesn’t take much to make a big pot of fried rice.
|Fried Rice with Sausage||
- 1 large bag of rice
- 1/2 of sausage
- 1 onion
- 6 eggs
- soy sauce to taste
- Start by boiling your rice.
- While that’s cooking break up the sausage into small chunks and cook it over medium high heat.
- Chop up your onion and add it to the cooking sausage right away. Keep cooking this mixture until the sausage is done and the onions are soft.
- Drain the rice (but save some of the liquid). Add the cooked rice to the sausage mixture.
- Beat the eggs with a little soy sauce. Pour the egg mixture over the rice mix.
- Cook everything until the eggs are done. Add some extra soy sauce to taste and some of the rice water as needed to keep the mixture from getting too dry. Serve right away.
If you have some leftover veggies sitting in the fridge, feel free to stir those in at the end. Otherwise serve with a small salad or some cooked broccoli for a complete meal.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.