Crockpot Tangy Apple Sausage Appetizer
- 2 lbs apple smoked/flavored sausage links (or your favorite smoked sausage links), cut into bite size.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, or similar crisp, tart apple, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into bite size chunks
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons spicy mustard, like Dijon or Cajun style
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
Put sausage, onion, and apple in your crock pot and toss together a little bit. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until combined well, then pour over the mixture in the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the apples and onions are tender, but not mushy.
Ready to learn more about crockpot cooking? Get my Crockpot Cooking Made Simple ebook today and find out how you can work this into your meal plan, how to choose a good crockpot and most importantly how to convert your favorite recipes to work in a slow cooker.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.