Baked Chicken and Rice
- 1 1/3 cups white rice uncooked converted-style
- 6 chicken breasts skinned and boned if desired
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of chicken soup condensed
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of celery soup condensed
- 3/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- Celery leaves
This recipe makes 6 servings.
Preheat oven to 300°. Grease a 3-quart oblong baking dish. In baking dish, layer half of the rice, chicken, celery and remaining rice.
In a medium bowl, mix water, soups and sherry until smooth. Pour over rice. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cover and bake for 2 hours or until chicken and rice are tender.
Lift chicken to surface of rice mixture. With a fork, stir rice and sauce lightly around edges to blend. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and almonds. Garnish with celery leaves.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.