4th Of July Dessert Recipes
With 4th of July just around the corner, I thought I’d share some of my favorite simple dessert recipes with you. Whenever we are invited for a cookout or family get-together on Independence day and I’m asked to bring dessert, I whip up one of these flag cakes. It’s simple to make but looks really nice as a center piece or on the buffet table.
• 1 package cake mix (white or yellow) *
• 8 oz whipped topping (thawed)
• 1 pint blueberries rinsed and drained
• 2 pints strawberries or rasperries rinsed and sliced
Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in a 9×13 inch pan. Cool completely.
Frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the top left corner, and arrange sliced strawberries as stripes to make an American flag. Chill until serving.
* using a store bought cake mix is a great time saver, but when I can, I just make up a batch of this yellow cake recipe. It doesn’t take much longer to make and tastes better.
A fun healthy snack or dessert is these simple fruit kabobs. They look very pretty as well.
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
• Large Fresh Blueberries
• Kabob Skewers
Slice bananas into large chunks. Alternate fruit on skewers. Serve immediately.
Last but not least here is a fun dessert that also doubles as a simple activity for the kids. I recommend you either do this outside and have the kids work with the sprinkles over paper plates for easy cleanup.
• Long rod pretzels
• White chocolate, melted or white chocolate frosting if you have younger kids doing this.
• Sprinkles (red, white and blue) or star cake decorations
Melt the white chocolate. Dip the pretzel rod halfway into the melted chocolate then sprinkle the sprinkles over the wet chocolate. Lay on waxed paper or place in a cup to dry.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.