Shredded Pork Tacos
Makes 12 servings
- SHREDDED PORK
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 2 to 3 jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 ancho chili, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 crisp corn taco shells
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled, chopped
1. In large saucepan, combine all shredded pork ingredients with enough water to cover pork. Cover; cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until pork is fork-tender, stirring occasionally and adding water if needed.
2. Remove pork from liquid; reserve liquid. Strain cooked vegetables from cooking liquid; reserve vegetables and liquid. Cool pork for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. To shred pork, using 2 forks, pull pork apart along the grain of the meat.
3. In medium saucepan, combine shredded pork, all of the reserved cooked vegetables and 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid; mix well.* Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
4. To assemble tacos, layer lettuce, cheese, warm shredded pork, tomato, sour cream and avocado into taco shells.
TIP:*At this point, pork can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours or wrapped and frozen for up to 1 month.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.