Savory Pork Chops and Rice
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions chopped
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking brown rice raw
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, mix garlic salt and pepper. Rub into both sides of pork chops. In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil, about 10 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, place onions, rice, celery and poultry seasoning in baking dish. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, wine and bouillon granules to a boil. Pour over rice and vegetables, stirring to mix. Arrange chops over top, overlapping as needed.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 325° oven for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat and rice are tender.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.