Sausage Stuffing with Apples and Cranberries
We just finished the last of our Thanksgiving Stuffing and I’m already planning on what to make for Christmas this year. Thanksgiving was a traditional “dressing” with cornbread, biscuits, onion and celery. I’m thinking of branching out a bit for Christmas this year and make the following sausage dressing with apples and cranberries. It sounds very yummy and would look very festive.
- 12 C. Bread Cubes, dried
- 1 lb. Sausage, your choice
- 4 Onions, chopped
- 1/4 C. Butter
- 2 C. Celery, chopped
- 4 t. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 C. Dried Cranberries
- 3 Green Apples, peeled and chopped (core removed)
- 1 1/3 C. Chicken Stock
- 2 t. Dried Rosemary, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook sausage thoroughly and drain. Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- Using the same skillet to cook the sausage, melt the butter and then add the celery, apples, onions and poultry seasoning. Cook until soft.
- Next, add the dried cranberries and rosemary. Then, transfer mixture in with the sausage.
- Slowly add the bread cubes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken stock to thoroughly moisten the bread cube mixture.
- For a 14 pound turkey, approximately 5 cups of this stuffing can be stuffed inside the turkey. Don’t hesitate to moisten more with chicken stock if it’s needed.
- You can then transfer the remaining stuffing mixture to a greased baking dish and bake covered, for roughly 45 minutes at 350 F. After this time, remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the top is brown.
Would you like to steer clear of the holiday shopping crowds? You can with this guide to Homemade Christmas Gifts and More.
Making Homemade Christmas gifts is one way to actually enjoy the process of gift-giving. Not only are homemade gifts and decorations frugal, they’re more fun!
We don’t have to rush out to the mall to shop for Christmas when we have ideas for creating gifts right at home. Take time to enjoy your holiday season. Click on and download now to start planning your frugal AND fun Christmas.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.