Sausage Kale Soup Recipe
The latest HBHW Kindle Cookbook came out today and it is full of Winter soup and stew recipes. I thought I’d share one of my favorites with you here. It’s a hardy kale soup with plenty of yummy sausage in it. I love making it with smoked Kielbasa sausage, but it’s also great with a leaner turkey version.
If you’re not a big fan of kale, I encourage you to give it a try anyway. My husband and daughter usually groan whenever there’s Kale on the menu, but both love this dish. Of course you can easily replace the kale with spinach, collard greens or something similar.
|Sausage and Kale Soup||
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. smoked sausage, chopped
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 oz. coarsely chopped kale
- 1 16-oz. can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and sausage and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans and kale. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the kale is tender – approximately 15-20 minutes.
Don’t forget to check out “Soups, Stews and Supper Stretchers” for more delicious recipes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.