Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
I love the combination of sausage and eggs in the morning. That and a slice of toast or a bowl of grits makes for a hardy and tasty breakfast. It’s the perfect way to start the weekend. If you have a lot of people over, or like me aren’t much of a morning person, cooking a big breakfast like that doesn’t happen very often (or it happens around lunch or dinner time). A breakfast casserole is the perfect solution. You can make it the night before and just bake it up in the morning.
If you enjoy the recipe below, you may also like this sausage breakfast casserole.
|Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe||
- 12 eggs
- 1 pt. Half & Half
- 1 package breakfast sausage
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 slices bread
- Butter the a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Dice the bread slices or tear them into small chunks. Put them in the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Cook the sausage in a skilled over medium high heat until done. Make sure you break it up into small chunks with a spatula as it cooks. Drain the sausage and sprinkle it over the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and Half & Half together, then stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and mustard. Pour this mixture over everything in the casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate your breakfast casserole overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 F and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes.
If you prefer, you can assemble your casserole in the morning and bake it right away. Just start by preheating your oven and then follow the directions above.
For more delicious breakfast casserole recipes, get a copy of my latest Kindle book. Inside you’ll find 35 recipes your family will love including:
Ham, Hash Brown and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Sugar Free French Toast Breakfast Casserole
French Toast Breakfast Casserole – Syrup on the Bottom Version
Apples and Raisins French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Peach French Toast Breakfast Casserole
Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole
Cheese Grits Breakfast Casserole
Spinach and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
All-in-One Breakfast Casserole
What a perfect way to start your morning. Get Breakfast Casseroles – 35 Recipes for Everyday & Special Occasions today.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.