Sarah’s Stuffing Casserole
I adapted this recipe from one I found in a Taste of Home cookbook a few years ago to better suit my family’s taste for Christmas dinner. Now I make it any time and it is a great way to make leftovers stretch into a full meal.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) chicken or turkey stuffing mix
- 20 ounces frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Leftover chicken or turkey (optional)
Prepare stuffing according to package directions and spoon around edges of greased 9X13 baking dish. Place broccoli and chicken or turkey (if using) down the middle.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour and bouillon until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add onions; mix well. Pour over broccoli (and meat). Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Top with cheese and paprika.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.