Rigatoni Pizza Stew
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (4 1/2)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. Spray 4-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray. Cook sausage in Dutch oven over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir tomatoes, broth, water, tomato paste, onion and carrots into sausage. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
3. Stir in pasta and zucchini. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Serve topped with cheese.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.