Rich and Tasty Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
You have got to try this yummy cake. If you love a nice cheesecake, this is a great recipe to try. I’m a big fan of chocolate and while we don’t indulge in treats like this very often, it’s nice for the holidays or as something special to make for Valentine’s Day. I think I’d like this as my birthday cake this year. The espresso cream on top is optional, but I encourage you to give it at try. Not only does it make the cake look even more festive, it’s very yummy too. If you’re in a bit of a hurry, just leave the cake as is, or dust it with a bit of cocoa powder.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- 4 8 ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Espresso Cream (optional. See recipe below).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and cookie crumbs. Press the mixture onto the bottom and 1 inch of the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt 1 cup Hershey’s kisses over low heat in small saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Mix sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Then beat in cinnamon, milk, eggs, and espresso powder until well blended.
- Add in the melted chocolate and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes, then cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and separate cake from the side of pan.
- The side of the pan can be removed after the cheesecake is completely cool.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
You can top your cheesecake with some yummy espresso cream (see below), or just dust it with some cocoa powder and/or some chocolate sprinkles.
Beat together 2 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp instant espresso powder, and 1/2 cup whipping cream until firm.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.