Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups mashed cooked squash or pumpkin
- 1 can (8-1/4 oz.) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
In a large saucepan melt butter and saute onion, green pepper, thyme, parsley, and bay leaf until tender but not browned. Next add the pumpkin, water, tomatoes and bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionaly. Combine milk and flour in a small mixing bowl then stir into the soup. Add the salt and pepper and cook soup over medium heat stirring often until it comes to a boil.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.