Pumpkin Bread In The Crockpot
One of my favorite fall flavors is pumpkin. I love indulging in a Pumpkin Spice Latte every once in a while and of course there’s pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie… I even came across some pumpkin flavored beer the other day. A family favorite though is pumpkin bread. Since Tracy has challenged me (and a whole group of wonderful people that bought her ebook and are joining us in the private FB group, to cook in the crockpot for the month of October, I did some tweaking and experimenting and came up with this version. You could the bread in glass jars right in the slow cooker. It’s a lot of fun and the end result is very yummy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tb apple sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- Whisk the apple sauce and sugar together with a fork or whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. You can continue to use the fork, or use an electric mixer if that’s easier. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well again.
- Add the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl. Give it a little stir to mix all those dry ingredients, then work on incorporating it into the dry ingredients. You don’t want to overmix this.
- Get out 2 half pint canning jars and grease them well. Pour the bread mixture into the jars and cover them with greased aluminum foil.
- Crumple up two or 3 layers of aluminum foil and put them in the bottom of your crockpot. This will keep the jars slightly elevated and make sure that your pumpkin bread bakes evenly. Add the jars, cover and cook on high for about 90 minutes. Check the bread for doneness with a tooth pick or wooden skewer. Stick it in the center of your bread jars. If it comes out clean, your pumpkin bread is done.
- Carefully remove the jars from the crockpot and let them cool for 10 minutes before removing the pumpkin bread.
- [img src=”http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/pumpkin-bread-300×199.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”199″ class=”aligncenter size-medium wp-image-23478″]
Slow Cooking Recipes for the Busy Mom ebook gives you 30 days of recipes for your crockpot plus shopping lists to make sure you have everything you need on hand for quick & easy stress-free meal planning.
There’s even a private Facebook group where we’ll be challenging each other to create delicious meals (and share the recipes).
Click now and order your copy of Slow Cooking Recipes for the Busy Mom: Quick & Easy, Stress-Free Meal Options today!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.