Makes 14 servings
- 2 pounds pork steaks cubed
- 1 onion medium, minced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 green bell pepper minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms fresh, sliced
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 2-ounce can pimiento drained and minced
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 8-ounce package pasta shells cooked and drained
- Chow mein noodles
Brown meat; add onion, celery, green pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté in meat juices until vegetables are limp, adding vegetable oil if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in pimiento, soups, water, soy sauce, and sugar. Add macaroni to meat-vegetable mixture. Pour into a 9 x 13-inch greased casserole or 2 8-inch square casseroles and top with chow mein noodles. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes to crisp noodles.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.