Pork and Potato Stew Recipe
This cold weather we’ve been having is making me crave soups and stews. Here’s another quick favorite, a pork and potato stew recipe. It’s a filling one pot meal that makes for easy cooking and cleanup. Give it a try.
|Hardy Pork Stew With Potatoes||
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds pork stew meat
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, or as needed
- 8 red potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cream of anything soup (or 1 can of your favorite condensed cream soup)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups broth (beef, chicken or vegetable… homemade is fine)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Start by chopping your vegetables. I cut the potatoes into large bite-sized chunks, and dice the peppers and onion. Set them aside while you brown the stew meat.
- Heat the oil in large stock pot. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder and corn starch and use this mixture to coat your stew meat. Cook it in the hot oil until it is browned on all sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring the stew mixture to a boil. Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for about an hour or until the meat is cooked all the way through and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite homemade bread.
Don’t forget to check out “Soups, Stews and Supper Stretchers” for more delicious recipes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.