Pinto Bean Chili Recipe
I’m looking for a recipe for a pinto bean chili (with or without beef) with the flavor of a canned chili, or something like the chili sold at Steak N Shake. Thanks!
From the Hillbilly Housewife:
I found a copy cat Steak N Shake chili recipe. It’s made with kidney beans instead of pintos but I think it’s worth trying. You can easily replace the types of beans you use and even leave out the meat. I think the key is the addition of cola. It will give it that nice sweet taste you find in both a canned chili and this copy cat version.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Cocoa
- 2 13.5oz Cans Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 6oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 13.5oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cola
- Start by cooking the ground beef in a pan on the stove. Cook it until it’s nicely browned, then drain it and put it in a blow. Add all remaining ingredients, except the beans.
- Use an[url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARQVM5O/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ARQVM5O&linkCode=as2&tag=kinderinfocom-20&linkId=XVRJM2U4ZFB2S7AJ” target=”_blank”] immersion blender[/url] to blend everything together. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also run it through your blender in batches as needed.
- Pour this puree into your crockpot. Add he beans and cook on low for 6 hours before serving.
Do you have a recipe for Ali to try? Please share it in the comments below. Thank you!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.