Peppered Pork Pitas with Garlic Sauce
Makes 8 servings
- GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- PORK PITAS
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained, sliced
- 4 (6-inch) pita bread, halved
1. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk and garlic; mix well. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine pork, oil and pepper; mix well. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork mixture; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is lightly browned and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in roasted peppers; heat until warm.
3. Lightly brush insides of pita bread halves with garlic sauce. Fill each with pork mixture. If desired, drizzle remaining garlic sauce over top.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.