- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguini
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup onions coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers chopped
- 1 15-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 4-ounce can mushrooms sliced, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Parmesan cheese grated
Cook spaghetti or linguini according to package directions; drain, return to pot, cover and keep warm if necessary.
Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, brown sausage, breaking up meat as it cooks. Transfer sausage to paper towels to drain; set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
In drippings or oil, sauté onion and green pepper for about 7 minutes or until softened. Add sauce, sausage, mushrooms and sugar. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Place drained pasta in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over; toss if desired. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.