Oven-Fried Sesame Chicken
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup crackers crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg large
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs (about 2 1/2 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, cook sesame seeds until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a shallow dish, mix cracker crumbs, sesame seeds, tarragon, garlic salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
4. In a second shallow dish, beat egg, water, salt, and dash of pepper; set aside.
5. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Remove skin if desired. Dip each piece in egg mixture, then in cracker crumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Drizzle oil over chicken.
6. Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink along bone and juices run clear.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.