Mother’s Day Checklist To Help With Planning The Big Day
Too often Mother’s Day sneaks up on us and instead of gifting your mother with a well planned day, we hastily throw something together, grab the last card on the shelf, and give her toast with peanut butter and coffee for breakfast. You can avoid this mess with a little advanced planning. Here is a quick checklist that may trigger some of your planning thoughts and needs:
- Buy or make your Mother’s Day card and get the signature of everyone that needs to sign the card
- Write your mother a poem. Don’t wait until the last minute for this. You want it to sound well thought out and sincere, not thrown together at the last minute.
- If you’ll be giving her flowers make sure you have picked them out or have ordered them to be delivered.
- Choose and purchase an appropriate gift. If you are ordering online, make sure that you allow enough time for shipping and delivery.
- Choose a wrapping paper or pretty gift box and get your package ready for giving.
- If you are cooking a meal, make sure you get the ingredients from the grocery store so you aren’t caught without a key ingredient.
- If you are making a coupon book for mom to redeem throughout the year make sure to get it done and printed early.
- Taking mom to a movie, play or concert? Make sure you buy the tickets in advance.
- Make sure anyone you have invited to share this Mother’s Day with you has been notified of your plans and is able to attend.
- Get your camera ready and have extra batteries ready – just in case.
- Pampering mom at the salon or spa? Don’t forget to make the appointments.
- Need a babysitter for evening plans? So do your neighbors. Don’t wait until the last minute or you might just be out of luck.
The important thing to remember is to plan, plan, plan ahead. Put reminders on your calendar, your cell phone or anything that will trigger your memory to remember that you have some important planning to do.
Make this Mother’s Day the best planned and least stressful one every… and then be sure to do it again next year.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.