Meatball Hashbrown Bake
Makes 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
1. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the cracker crumbs, garlic, 1 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1″ balls.
2. In a covered skillet over low heat, cook meatballs in a small amount of water until browned; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion, and remaining salt and pepper. With paper towels, pat hash browns dry. Stir into the soup mixture.
3. Transfer to a greased 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking dish. Arrange meatballs over top, pressing lightly into mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!