Lemon Herb Rice Mix
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or chicken flavored bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dry lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch Turmeric, for color (optional)
Combine the rice and all of the other ingredients in a resealable plastic container. I like to use zip-lock bags. Label and Seal and the container. Store on the pantry shelf. This is enough for 1 package of mix. Make several at a time for the most convenience.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package of Lemon Herb Rice Mix
- 2 cups waterIn a 2 quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done, or for about 45 minutes. Good with fish or chicken.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.