Leftover Turkey And Stuffing Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup stuffing leftovers
- 1 cup cooked turkey leftovers, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes (you can also use a variety of leftover veggies)
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and insides cleaned, save tops, remove the stems
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack or Mozzarella cheese (or anything you have leftover)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a baking pan deep enough to hold peppers upright.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add butter, melt, then add garlic, cooking just until garlic softens.
Add to the skillet the stuffing, turkey, and tomatoes; remove skillet from heat.
Set the peppers into the baking pan and spoon in the mixture from skillet.
Top with the shredded cheese, then set the tops of the peppers loosely on top of the cheese, like a lid.
Pour 1/4 cup water into the bottom of the baking dish, around the peppers.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cheese has melted.
Remove and let sit for 3 or 4 minutes.
Makes 4 individual servings.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.