My husbands parents have taught me to cook a little southern. Not hard at all!
- 2tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. smoked Sausage link sliced
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. green or red sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- Cajun seasoning to your liking
- salt and pepper
1. melt butter/margarine in dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. add onion, bell pepper, garlic and sausage.
3. cook until veggies are tender about 5 minutes.
4. stir in rice, chicken broth, tomatoes and pepper sauce. mix well bring to boil.
5. reduce heat cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
We have garlic bread and a salad with it. It is so yummy!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.