Impossible Tuna and Cheddar Pie
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® baking mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 400°. Grease glass pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches, or square baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2 inches, or six 10-ounce custard cups.
2. Cook onions in margarine in 10-inch skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are light brown. Sprinkle tuna, 1 cup of the cheese and the onions in pie plate.
3. Stir eggs, milk, baking mix and pepper with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
4. Bake pie plate or square dish, 25 to 30 minutes, custard cups, 20 to 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with tomato slices and remaining cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.