Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
As soon as September rolls around, I’m ready for fall and looking forward to one of my favorite fall treats – Pumpkin Spice Lattes. The problem is, I live in South Carolina and we still have temperatures in the 90s, making those PSL’s much less enjoyable.
Last year, I came across the idea of an iced pumpkin spice latte for the first time and I was hooked. Of course I had to play around with some ideas and come up with a recipe of my own. (Let’s face it, I can’t afford to head down to the local coffee shop once a day to pick one up there).
This is such a great lunch time treat or afternoon pick-me-up. My favorite time to fix it is right before I head out to pick my daughter up from school. I get to relax for a few minutes in the car pickup line, do a little knitting and sip on my drink.
Ready to give it a try? Here’s the recipe. You can make your own pumpkin spice mix to use in this recipe or your favorite pumpkin pie one.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp honey, sugar or low calorie sweetener to taste
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 cup of strong coffee
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Dash of pumpkin spice mix (optional)
- Brew your coffee and allow it to cool. You can use one or two shots of espresson instead of coffee if you like.
- Heat the milk, pumpkin puree and honey or sugar in a small saucepan until everything is well blended.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin spice and stir until well combined. Allow this mixture to cool a bit as well.
- Fill a large glass with ice. Pour the coffee in and top with the milk mixture.
- Add a bit of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice mix if desired.
If it’s already plenty cold where you’re at, I have a hot pumpkin spice latte recipe as well.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!