Home Style Chicken Dinner
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, if desired
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope (.87 ounce) chicken gravy mix
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen baby whole potatoes, broccoli, carrots, baby corn and red bell peppers strips
- 1 (4 1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley, if desired
1. Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in butter 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
2. Mix water and gravy mix (dry) in small bowl; pour into same skillet. Stir in frozen vegetables and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until largest pieces of potato are hot. Add chicken; cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
3. Serve vegetable and gravy mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with chives.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.