Herbed Pot Roast
Makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean boneless roast beef
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/ bay leaf
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
1. Add olive oil to a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle roast with pepper, and brown roast on all sides.
2. Combine water, sherry, ketchup, garlic, mustard, marjoram, rosemary, and thyme in a small bowl, and pour over roast. Add onions and bay leaf, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, until roast is tender.
3. Add mushrooms and continue simmering until heated. Remove bay leaf. Transfer roast to a platter, slice, and serve.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.