Hawaiian Beans and Franks
Makes 7 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 16-ounce cans pork and beans
- 1 pound hot dogs diagonally cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple tidbits drained and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey or reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
Preheat oven to 400°.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels and crumble; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
Add onion and sauté until tender. With a slotted spoon, remove onion from skillet and place in a 2-quart baking dish.
To baking dish, add pork and beans, frankfurters, pineapple, brown sugar, chili sauce, bourbon or pineapple juice, and coffee granules. Gently stir to thoroughly mix ingredients. Sprinkle with bacon.
Bake for 50 minutes or until beans are bubbly and juice has thickened.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.