Ham and Cheese Souffle
Makes 8 servings
- 16 slices white bread crumbs (crusts removed), cubed
- 16 slices (about 1 pound) ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat. Combine eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.