Ginger Mint Green Smoothie
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affilate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day. How about starting the day with a yummy green smoothie packed full of stuff that’s not only tasty but good for you too.
If you’re making this smoothie for the kids, leave out the ginger (or only add a tiny piece) and consider making it with apple juice or adding more fruit to make it a bit sweeter.
- 6 cups of baby spinach, washed
- enough fresh water for consistency you want
- 1 pear, core remove and diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- Put the spinach in your blender and fill about half way up with fresh water, then blend until smooth, adding more water to get the consistency you want to drink. Once you have it blended, add the diced pear, ginger root, and 1/4 cup mint leaves. Blend, add more water if necessary, and taste. Add more mint if you like, then blend until frothy.
- Serve immediately. Will make 1 serving and is easily doubled.
St. Patrick’s Day gives us all an excuse to have some fun and eat delicious comfort foods.
Just thinking about corned beef, cabbage & soda bread give me goose bumps. Those classic Irish dishes are among some of my favorite but it’s fun when you can find new recipes that make your tummy happy.
Since St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner I thought it would be nice to put together some recipes and crafts and create a kindle ebook to celebrate.
You’ll find delicious Irish food along with a bunch of crafts that your family will enjoy creating together.
And remember, with all Kindle ebooks, you don’t need a Kindle to download them. Amazon makes it easy to put right on your computer, laptop, or other e-reader or device. And the price is right, too!
To support the blog, check out the HBHW eBooks available on Amazon. Thank you!